Tech Help & Device Requests
Experiencing an IT Problem? Our team is available to assist our parents & students!
Monday - Friday | 6 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Please submit ONE request per issue. Submitting multiple requests for the same issue will result in a longer wait time. Our team is working as quickly as they can to resolve all requests in a timely manner, but we ask you be patient with us. Requests may take a few days to resolve.
- Requests that are received after 2:30pm will be responded to the following day by the IT department. Please copy classroom teachers and/or building principals on messages that may affect assignment deadlines for that day.
- Internet access for all devices will be given out by individual buildings to students. Students who bring their own devices will be instructed by their building staff on how to connect to the building's internet.
- Submit a request using the form below or email ITHelp@mtsd.org
A reminder to parents and students regarding the IT Help Desk:
- Answers to common IT problems can be found on our Basic Troubleshooting Guide
- A collection of tutorial videos for navigating Google Classroom and Clever for our parents and students to review are available on the Virtual Learning Resources Page
- Our IT Help Team is working quickly to resolve many issues you may be experiencing. Thank you for your patience as the team works through the requests.
Chromebook Insurance: You NEED It!
Cost for 2022-2023 School Year: $21.95
Why is insurance important?
Your student is responsible for their district-owned device. Any damage that occurs, regardless of who or what caused it, will be charged to the student and their parents.
During the 2021-2022 school year, uninsured damaged devices cost students and their parents $25,515 in repairs
If each of those devices had been insured, those students and parents would have saved $11,642.60 collectively.
The chart below shows that even the cheapest common repair cost was more expensive than the one-time insurance payment. Insurance must be purchased each year to be valid.
PLEASE NOTE: The numbers below were costs for the 2021-2022 school year and costs have changed for the 2022-2023 school year.
|Obligation Item||Part Cost (21-22 SY)||Number of Incidents|
|LCD Screen||$ 50.00||338|
|Top Cover/Palm Rest||$ 30.00||35|
Benefits to device insurance:
Once-per-year cost. No automatic renewals.
Covers costs associated with liquid damage, cracked screens, fire, flood, loss/theft, and accidental damages.
Setting and Changing Student Passwords by Grade Level
K-5 Students will have a password set for them that uses their personal information in a pre-determined format to make remembering the password easier. Information used may include letters or numbers from their legal name and birthdate. Students may ask their homeroom teachers for help if they forget their password.
Beginning in 6th Grade, students will be able to manage their own passwords. They will initially login using their student email as the username and a pre-set password. After the initial login, the student will be prompted to change their password using these password requirements:
- A minimum of 8 characters in length
- At least one uppercase character
- At least one lowercase character
- At least one number or symbol
- Passwords cannot be the same as the student's last 15 passwords and cannot contain their name
New students grades 6-12 will follow this same process.
Students grades 7-12 will use the same password as last school year.
Infinite Campus for Parents
Parents have the unique ability to create their own username and passwords. Our MTSD staff and students use the Single Sign-On with their MTSD email credentials.
After completing registration, parents will receive an email providing instructions and a unique activation code to create an account. This code is non-transferrable!
Before the first day of school, any primary parent who has not created an account will receive a letter in the mail with instructions and a unique activation code to get started.
Trouble accessing Infinite Campus?
If you need help with the parent portal please send an email to ParentPortalHelp@mtsd.org.
Please be sure to include the following in your email.
- Student Legal First Name and Last Name
- Student ID Number
- Primary Contact First Name and Last Name
- Primary Contact Phone Number
- Detailed description of the problem or issue
On the login page:
- Enter your username.
- When asked for your password select "Forgot my password".
- Follow the prompts to reset your password.
* Grades 6-12 Only
* Must be setup prior to performing a password reset.
Accessing the internet from a MTSD Device:
- Be sure to connect the device to your home Wi-Fi prior to attempting to log into the Google Classroom or check your email.
- For help getting connected to your home Wi-Fi:
How to access Google Classroom from an iPad
- Sign on to Clever first
- By using your QR Badge or Login information (username and password)
- Signing on to Clever using an iPad K-1-2: video
- Open the Google Classroom app
- The first time you and your child login to the Clever app and then open the Google Classroom on the iPad you may need to input your username and password a few times.